Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring in Kentucky

Just about a week ago spring was starting to be around here in Kentucky – sure we had had some nice days before that, but with temperatures around 20+ degrees Celsius spring is definitely here now and so last week I went on a little exploration tour in the neighborhood to capture the signs of the coming spring. And to make my dear family and friends in Germany or elsewhere a little jealous for I’ve heard that their weather is a little less pleasant. Some pictures now to give you an impression what spring in Kentucky is like:
In the backyard of our neighbors I spotted the first blooming tree ...
and in front of our house I found already a blooming rhododendron .
Just across the street the first big blooming tree, looks great, doesn't it?
A little down the road: A blooming magnolia, how beautiful!
I went on a short walk and on my way back I even detected the first green - on some bushes just a few houses away from where I live: Spring is finally here, and it's wonderful here in Kentucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment